Thursday 9 March 2023

My last call to Pappu Pager

"Bhaanje" will always have a special meaning for me. I can still hear without even turning my television on. That is the power of an actor. Humor is difficult, but making a child laugh is more difficult! And Satish Kaushik had me laughing to tears. I don't even remember how many times I've watched Mr Khiladi only to see mama smothering with "geeli pappi" to his bhaaanje. If there is him , there is sure shot entertainment.

He was also a graduate of my drama school. That sure did make me proud when I joined acting thinking he was here too. Growing up in the military, I always considered it an honour to pass away and leave a lasting legacy. Leaving behind a lot of memories of his contributions and the impression he had on us. For when I joined my drama school. I was aware that, though not to the same degree, actors also possess the power. And Satish dada( a name to signify our seniors) as I'll fondly call him sure did leave all such memories of my childhood spent in front of the TV laughing and just laughing.

My childhood's "Calendar" just ended. For there no longer would be another page to flip.

Calendar ab toh khaana do !!

No comments:

Post a Comment